When meal planning each week, I often ask Patrick which vegetables he would like for the week. His first two choices lately have often been roasted cauliflower or broccoli. This makes life easy for me because both can be pretty easy to prep and cook to have on hand for the week.
We have done cauliflower rice a few times. Although it’s good, we usually prefer regular rice with our meals. I have tried a handful of other recipes using cauliflower but Patrick requests the same recipe time and time again.
Today I want to share this cauliflower recipe with you that has become a staple in our house. This recipe is from Cookin Canuck. I like it because the recipe requires minimal hands-on time and leftovers are fantastic.
Southwestern Roasted Cauliflower with Cumin & Paprika
Recipe from the kitchen of: Cookin Canuck (source)
- 1 (2 lb.) head cauliflower
- 1 tsp olive oil – (I use closer to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, about 1½-inches each. Transfer the florets to a bowl. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, ground cumin, paprika and salt.
- Pour the spice mixture over the cauliflower and, using your hands, toss to coat the cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet and roast the cauliflower, turning occasionally, until it is tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve.
Here are leftovers served on my salad – so good!
Remember to pin this post for later when you are in need of a quick and easy side dish recipe or want to prep ahead for the week! If you do make it and share it on social media, tag Healthier Holland on Facebook or Instagram (@healthierholland) so I can see your lovely food!
Another update: We just started our next travel adventure. I am excited to share some photos and recaps on the blog soon. Stay tuned!